Maintaining your mattress isn’t just about doing everything to keep it spic and span, though. The proper steps and techniques are also very necessary, as some cleaning methods may prove to be harmful to your mattress.
To ensure that you’ll be able to prolong the life of your mattress, here are some tips that you can try out:
1. Turn, flip, or rotate your mattress. Preventing concentrated sagging in specific parts of your bed. Your mattress will last longer if you don’t overuse a single portion of it, allowing it to stay leveled and comfortable for a long time.
2. Never let your mattress get wet. This can also create the perfect breeding ground for fungi, mold, and other harmful bacteria that can easily cause several ailments and illnesses.
3. Handle the mattress carefully when transferring it from one place to another. Aside from the possibility of dirtying the product, this can also affect the inner components of the item.
4. If you own a spring coil unit, make sure to avoid folding or bending the mattress. These actions can cause deformation, especially if there was great pressure applied to the bending or folding. The inner coils will change its shape, which will then be unfavorable to your sleep needs and requirements.
5. Do not jump on the mattress. Jumping on an innerspring mattress has always been one of the most memorable and fun games children enjoy inside the bedroom. The coils provide a nice bounce, creating an enjoyable physical activity for the little ones. Although it is fun for the kids, it can be harmful for your bed. The repeated pressure on the coils can definitely put a strain to it. It may lose its capability to rebound to its original shape after so many jumps, resulting to a less comfortable sleep the next time you lay yourself down on the mattress.
salem beds mattress maintenancevia
6. Use a quality bed frame or box to support the mattress’ weight. When you go to bed after a long day, drifting off to sleep should be an easy and unhindered tasks to enjoy. However, if your bed frame creaks and threatens to break itself, the much coveted dozing off may become the last thing on your mind as the possibility of crashing down to the floor may not exactly be the most comforting thoughts to send you to sleep. This is why getting a quality bed frame or bed box is also highly necessary. A good frame or box will be able to provide ample support to you and your mattress, ensuring that you can sleep soundly at night and even prolong the health of your mattress.
7. Make sure to learn everything about your mattress. Some mattresses. like the pieces in Salem beds’ collections, make use of special materials that can be destroyed when cleaned with chemicals, thus shortening its lifespan significantly. If you are fully aware of what your mattress can do for you, you can easily reciprocate and enjoy its innovative features for a longer time.
8. Use bed clothes and mattress covers. While you recharge on your sleep, your body keeps busy through regeneration. This is why you shed a large amount of dead skin cells while in bed, on top of the sweat and oils you regularly secrete. These things tend to attract parasitic organisms like dust mites and even bed bugs, as they feed on what you release. By using coverings for your mattress, including mattress covers, beddings, and fitted sheets among others, you get to keep your mattress in good shape, as it is kept away from bodily fluids as well as other liquids that can cause staining. Cleaning it will also be a lot easier, as the layers above your mattress will surely be dirtied first before anything else.
9. Vacuum your mattress regularly. As mentioned in number 8, your mattress will surely get dirtied with repeated use. Aside from dead skin cells, other small droppings will land on it, including dust, dandruff, and other gross things that can’t be seen easily by the naked eye. By vacuuming your mattress every once in a while, you can be sure that you’re not inhaling every dust, droppings, and other dirt that is present in your bed while you sleep. This can also lessen the risks of asthma attacks, as well as bouts of allergies.
10. Remove bed clothes when leaving your house for a few days. This will air out the mattress and let it breathe, allowing it to rest a bit and freshen up a little.