Cleaning the house is a tough job for anyone nowadays. With the age of mobile gadget and state of the art devices, it’s not hard to get distracted and become preoccupied. Here are some tips that would let you do the chores in a much easier and more efficient way. So you wont have to spend too much time with it. This means you have more time to spend watching TV. Care for some popcorn, anyone?
This homemade dishwasher cleaner could not be more easy! If you’ve got stuck on food, try this to get your dishwasher smelling great again.
1) Pour hot water down your sink and turn on the garbage disposal. Half the secret to a clean dishwasher is a clean garbage disposal so the dish water has a place to exit. You can use these garbage disposal cubes to help get that cleaned out!
2) If you have a food trap or filter, pull that out, empty it and try to get any of the bigger debris out of the dishwasher first.
3) Mix Coke/Pepsi or the generic equivalent with a packet of lemon koolaid. The Phosphoric and Citric Acid in the drinks will bubble and help break down the deposits from your hard water.
4) Get a scrub brush and lightly brush your soda mixture over the worst of the gross stuff. Then dump the whole thing, bottle and the Koolaid contents into the bottom of your empty dishwasher.
5) Turn your dishwasher on for a hot cycle. If you have a double rinse option add it.
6) With an absorbent towel wipe down the dishwasher after you have finished. This keeps new deposits from forming on the sides of your machine.
If you have a set in carpet stain then try this immediately! There are only two ingredients and it works so good.
We found the magic stain remover! Our van floor was nasty. Really nasty. Remember when we organized our van, well, let’s just say it was not that pristine anymore. Time for a “fall cleaning”.
I can’t remember where I first got the recipe from, but we shared it on our blog roughly two years ago and it’s genius.
Learn how to make your bathtub sparkle with this DIY cleaner – you’ve got all the ingredients in your house right now!
All you need are two ingredients plus water and a tiny bit of elbow grease. One is a common household item & the other one of our favorite essential oils!
Use bottle of hydrogen peroxide that is 1/3 full. If you have a full bottle, either pour some of it out, or use another dark colored bottle. Any clear or semi-translucent bottles will break down the hydrogen-peroxide neutralizing the cleaner.
Fill the bottle the remaining 2/3 of the way full of water. Add 5 drops of lemon essential oil. Shake lightly.
The peroxide breaks down stains and the lemon oil helps release sticky particles.
Be careful on some carpets. It did not affect our car carpet, but hydrogen-peroxide has been known to lighten darker flooring. Test it behind a door to make sure that it won’t lighten your spread.